The Dallas CASA Children’s Council, founded in 2006, is the principal volunteer support group for Dallas CASA. The Children’s Council raises funds through special events and promotes community awareness about the needs of the children Dallas CASA serves and the transformational effect a loving, dedicated CASA volunteer advocate has on these children’s lives.
Children’s Council members have the opportunity to support and volunteer for Dallas CASA fundraising events. Members also participate in other activities that recognize the work of Dallas CASA volunteer advocates, such as the annual Volunteer Appreciation party, Holiday Gift Card party and the Volunteer Holiday Party.
As a member of the Children’s Council, you will enjoy a variety of social, volunteer and education opportunities. Membership benefits include:
- Invitations to Dallas CASA events and social programs, including the annual Cherish the Children luncheon, Champion of Children Award Dinner and the Holiday Party.
- Volunteer opportunities for special events, including the Comerica Prom Dress Drive, Cherish the Children luncheon, Parade of Playhouses at NorthPark Center and National Adoption Day.
- Educational events on issues related to child abuse, the foster care system and other relevant topics, along with updates on Dallas CASA and the children we serve.
Membership is open to anyone interested in the work of Dallas CASA. View our Children’s Council photo gallery.
Levels of membership:
- $1,000 – Lifetime membership
- $ 200 – Sustaining Lifetime membership (optional, paid annually, for current Lifetime members)
- $ 100 – Patron membership – (Annually)
- $ 50 – Active membership – (Annually)
- $ 30 – Active membership for Dallas CASA volunteer advocates (discounted fee for first year of membership only)
DALLAS CASA CHILDREN’S COUNCIL BOARD
CHERISH THE CHILDREN LUNCHEON CO-CHAIRS
COMERICA PROM DRESS DRIVE CO-CHAIRS
COMERICA PROM DRESS DRIVE CO-CHAIRS ELECT
COMMUNITY RESOURCES CO-CHAIRS
HOLIDAY GIFT CARD PARTY CO-CHAIRS
HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE CO-CHAIRS
KAPPA ALPHA THETA DALLAS ALUMNAE REPRESENTATIVE
NATIONAL ADOPTION DAY CO-CHAIRS
SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR
VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION CO-CHAIRS
Mary Lynn Bangs
Deri Lewis Hartman
Rae Gene Mungioli