Stand Up for Abused Children
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month in Dallas and across the country. Here are some ways to help in April and throughout the year.
- Volunteer. CASA volunteer advocates are critically needed to speak for abused and neglected children in court. Currently, half of abused and neglected children in Dallas County have CASA volunteers to speak for them. You can help an abused child have a loving, permanent home by becoming a CASA volunteer.
- Invite others. Host a Dallas CASA information session at your company, house of worship or community organization. Dallas CASA would love to share how members of your organization can help abused children.
- Raise funds. To support recruitment and training of CASA volunteers, we need crucial funding to pay for support staff and training materials. Consider hosting a blue jeans day at your office. Ask your staff to wear blue jeans for a donation of a few dollars to support Dallas CASA. Host a bake sale, happy hour or car wash with your colleagues to raise funds to support Dallas CASA.
- Join a Dallas CASA auxiliary. Our Children’s Council and Young Professionals groups volunteer for special events, raise funds and promote awareness about Dallas CASA and preventing child abuse.
- Attend a CASA fundraiser. Join us for our annual Parade of Playhouses, Champion of Children Awards Dinner and Cherish the Children luncheon.
- Go blue. Wear blue to show your support of protecting children. Encourage friends and colleagues to go blue.
- Learn. Join our email list for up-to-date information about child welfare and other ways to help. (Enter your email address in the sidebar on this page).
- Lend your voice. Share a simple message of hope on your social networks about how others can help abused children have safe, loving homes by supporting Dallas CASA.